2000s fashion can be described as being a global mix of vintage styles, ethnic clothing and music-based subcultures influences. But despite many different style fluctuations, denim jeans played a central role all throughout the decade.
Celebrities highly influenced new trends with the rise of the internet and image-sharing, and popularized designer logos boldly printed on clothing and bags. Designer handbags became a must-have as fast-fashion spread and offered very affordable clothing options for consumers. Designers themselves collaborated with fast-fashion retailers to create affordable versions of their designs: in November 2004, H&M launched its first designer collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld.
- Denim jeans: from low-rise flared jeans in the early 2000s, to bootcut in the mid-2000s, followed by skinny jeans (ripped, frayed, stained…)
- Denim jeans paired with wedge flip flops, chunky sweaters or tube tops, accessorized with oversized hoop earrings or pashmina scarves
- Tiny mini-skirts, often denim, worn with Ugg boots
- Baby tanks and tees with baggy jeans
- Hip-hop inspired sweatpants or tracksuits, thong underwear, and solid bright-colored tights
- Casual chic with Burberry trench coats, preppy polo shirts with popped collars.
- Sex and the City’s stilettos, designer handbags.
- The Galaxy dress by Roland Mouret
00s designers: Karl Lagerfeld, Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang, Christian Louboutin, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Vivienne Westwood, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney...
00s icons: Singers and actresses from TV shows became very influential back then: Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, JLO, Avril Lavigne, Sarah Jessica Parker, Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan...
Discover here our selection of unique 2000s pieces.